The director of the discipleship camp I attended tells of his friend's 4-year old daughter who, upon arriving at Disneyland, was content to stare at the flowered Mickey at the front of the park. Her parents pleaded with her to just let them show her Space Mountain, Fantasyland, the fireworks, everything else that is truly Disneyland. The girl screamed and resisted, so they picked her up and literally carried her into the park.
Why are we content to dwell in the outer courtyard? The veil has been removed; we have access to the Holy of Holies, the very Presence of God! May we never be satisfied with our current knowledge of Him.
"As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God." Psalm 42:1
"Whom have I in heaven but You? And earth has nothing I desire besides You." Psalm 73:25
That was a really cool writing Estelle. :) I love the analogy.
ReplyDelete